The way you think makes you different. At Wipfli, we embrace that.
Our inclusive culture provides a space for everyone to have a voice. Our growing number of DEI resource groups celebrate diversity and champion awareness throughout Wipfli.
We’re also focused on helping you achieve success with balance. From hybrid schedules and flexible time off to training programs and mental wellness initiatives, we take care of our team.
If you want to be in an environment where you can grow, feed your curiosity and make a difference, Wipfli is the place for you.
**This job can be worked remotely anywhere in the US
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• The Client Controller Provides general advisory service to clients, through scheduled remote meetings regarding the interpretation and use of financial statements.
• Direct point of contact for not for profit client engagements
• Partners with not-for-profit client CFO/Finance Directors to maintain and foster relationships
• Research and share knowledge of best practices in processes and procedures, internal controls, and areas of business concern or interest to each client.
• Oversees client accounting team ensuring expectations are met on multiple client deliverables
• Review and finalize accounting period closes
• Manage financial reporting accuracy for clients and Board of Directors
• Facilitate and work with auditors to complete audit requests in addition to year end close such as functional expense schedule, net asset schedule, and schedule of federal awards, if applicable.
• Provide technical accounting assistance in accordance with GAAP and Uniform Guidance to clients and internal team
WHAT WE SEEK:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 8+ years of advanced, hand on full cycle accounting experience including financial statement preparation within the not-for-profit industry
• Proven ability to build and manage relationships and work effectively within a team
• Previous public accounting experience preferred
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
• Federal grant program experience including grant funding is a plus
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Christine Villicana from Wipfli’s recruiting team will be guiding you through this process. Visit her at Christine Villicana | LinkedIn to connect!
We invest in the growth of all our associates through ongoing education and career development. The learn more about how we invest in you, see our learning and development page.
We also invest in a strong work-life balance by providing benefits, such as flexible time off and wellness programs. We provide health, vision and dental insurance, generous family leave, flexible work options, 401(k) contributions and paid time off and holidays.
If your resume is a fit for the position, a recruiter will reach out to you for an initial conversation so we can tell you more about Wipfli and the benefits of working here. We don’t just expect you to just answer our questions. We encourage you to ask us about Wipfli to see if we’re a good fit for you.
Generous parental leave
Health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
401(K) matching and profit share
Flexible work schedule and vacation policy
Please complete the information below to join our talent community and stay informed about opportunities!Click here